Thursday, December 8, 2011

WELL, WHAT AVAILS IT ALL TO HAVE ONLY ONE'S OWN LIBERATION ? ALL MEN SHOULD BE TAKEN ALONG WITH ONESELF ON THAT WAY.


 Addressing Girish Babu now, Swamiji said, "Do you know, Girish Babu, it occurs to me that even if a thousand births have to be taken in order to relieve the sorrows of the world, surely I will take them. If by my doing that, even a single soul may have a little bit of his grief re...lieved, why, I will do it. Well, what avails it all to have only one's own liberation? All men should be taken along with oneself on that way. Can you say why a feeling like this comes up foremost in my mind?

Girish Babu: Ah, otherwise why should Shri Ramakrishna declare you to be greater than all others in spiritual competence?

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 6/Conversations and Dialogues/IX

No comments:

Post a Comment