Monday, December 26, 2011

AND I WOULD RISE UP, REINVIGORATED, AND HERE AM I, LIVING, TODAY.


 Many times I have been in the jaws of death, starving, footsore, and weary; for days and days I had had no food, and often could walk no farther; I would sink down under a ...tree, and life would seem ebbing away. I could not speak, I could scarcely think, but at last the mind reverted to the idea: "I have no fear nor death; I never hunger nor thirst. I am It! I am It! The whole of nature cannot crush me; it is my servant. Assert thy strength, thou Lord of lords and God of gods! Regain thy lost empire! Arise and walk and stop not!" And I would rise up, reinvigorated, and here am I, living, today.

- Swami Vivekanadna
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 2/Practical Vedanta and other lectures/The Open Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment