Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAS GAINED THE CERTAINTY OF CONVICTION AND ATTAINED THE POWER AND STRENGHT OF DEMONSTRATION


What little work has been done by me has not been from any inherent power that resides in me, but from the cheers, the goodwill, the blessings that... have followed my path in the West from this our very beloved, most sacred, dear Motherland. Some good has been done, no doubt, in the West, but specially to myself; for what before was the result of an emotional nature, perhaps, has gained the certainty of conviction and attained the power and strength of demonstration. Formerly I thought as every Hindu thinks, and as the Hon. President has just pointed out to you, that this is the Punya Bhumi, the land of Karma.

- Swami Vivekananda
Colombo, 16 January, 1897
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 3/Lectures from Colombo to Almora/First Public Lecture in the East (Colombo)

No comments:

Post a Comment