Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ANGER AND LUST AND JEALOUSY, EVIL THOUGHTS AND ALL THESE THINGS, NEVER COME TO ME

Thus sang a Vedantin, "I never had fear nor doubt. Death never came to me. I never had father or mother: for I was never born. Where are my foes? — for I am All. I am the Existence and Knowledge and Bliss Absolute. I am It. I am It. Anger and lust and jealousy, evil thoughts and all these things, never came to me; for I am the Existence, the Knowledge, the Bliss Absolute. I am It. I am It."

That is the remedy for all disease, the nectar that cures death. Here we are in this world, and our nature rebels against it. But let us repeat, "I am It; I am It. I have no fear, nor doubt, nor death. I have no sex, nor creed, nor colour. What creed can I have? What sect is there to which I should belong? What sect can hold me? I am in every sect!"
- Swami Vivekanadna
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 2/Practical Vedanta and other lectures/The Open Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment