Saturday, October 15, 2011

ONLY ONE KIND OF WORK I UNDERSTAND, AND THAT IS DOING GOOD TO OTHERS; ALL ELSE IS DOING EVIL - TRY TO GIVE UP CEREMONIALS


Write in detail about all; I have no time to spare for idle gossip .... Try to give up ceremonials. They are not meant for Sannyasins; and one must work only so long as one does not attain to illumination .... I have nothing to do with sectarianism. Or party-forming and playing the frog-in-the-well, whatever else I may do.... It is impossible to preach the catholic ideas of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and form sects at the same time.... Only one kind of work I understand, and that is doing good to others; all else is doing evil.

- Swami Vivekananda 
1895.The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 6/Epistles - Second Series/LXIX Shashi

No comments:

Post a Comment