Friday, January 6, 2012

I WISH THERE WERE HALF A DOZEN MORE SUCH RAJAS TO TAKE INTEREST IN OUR DEAR MOTHERLAND AND WORK FOR HER AMELIORATION IN THE SPIRITUAL LINE.


Accept my hearty thanks for the kind and cordial reception you have given me. It is impossible for me to express my gratitude to H. H. the Raja of Ramnad for his love towards me. If any good work has been done by me and through me, India owes much to this good man, for it was he who conceived the idea of my going to Chicago, and it was he who put that idea into my head and persistently urged me on to accomplish it. Standing beside me, he with all his old enthusiasm is still expecting me to do more and more work. I wish there were half a dozen more such Rajas to take interest in our dear motherland and work for her amelioration in the spiritual line.
- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 3/Lectures from Colombo to Almora/Reply to the Address of Welcome at Pamban

No comments:

Post a Comment