Sunday, January 15, 2012

I BASE MY TEACHING ON THE GREAT VEDANTIC TRUTH OF THE SAMENESS AND OMNIPRESENCE OF THE SOUL OF THE UNIVERSE


 Here naturally comes the difficult and the vexed question of caste and of social reformation, which has been uppermost for centuri...es in the minds of our people. I must frankly tell you that I am neither a caste-breaker nor a mere social reformer. I have nothing to do directly with your castes or with your social reformation. Live in any caste you like, but that is no reason why you should hate another man or another caste. It is love and love alone that I preach, and I base my teaching on the great Vedantic truth of the sameness and omnipresence of the Soul of the Universe.

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 3/Lectures from Colombo to Almora/The Mission of the Vedanta

No comments:

Post a Comment