Thursday, August 11, 2011

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MIGHTY STRENGTH OF KRISHNA BETTER WITH A LITTLE OF STRONG BLOOD IN YOU


















" First of all, our young men must be strong. Religion will come afterwards. Be strong, my young friends; that is my advice to you. You will be nearer to Heaven through football than through the study of the Gita.

These are bold words; but I have to say them, for I love you. I know where the shoe pinches. I have gained a little experience. You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger. You will understand the mighty genius and the mighty strength of Krishna better with a little of STRONG BLOOD in you. You will understand the Upanishads better and the glory of the Atman when your body stands firm upon your feet, and you feel yourselves AS MEN. Thus we have to apply these to our needs. "

- Swami Vivekananda

(Vedanta in its Application to Indian Life - Lectures from Colombo to Almora)

No comments:

Post a Comment