Monday, August 15, 2011

ARE GREAT THINGS EVER DONE SMOOTHLY ? TIME, PATIENCE, AND INDOMITABLE WILL MUST SHOW














" I sought praise neither from India nor from America, nor do I seek such bubbles. I have a truth to teach, I, the child of God And He that gave me the truth will send me fellow workers from the earth's bravest and best.

You Hindus will see in a few years what the Lord does in the West. You are like the Jews of old... — dogs in the manger, who neither eat nor allow others to eat. You have no religion your God is the kitchen, your Bible the cooking-pots. . . . You are a few brave lads. . . . Hold on, boys, no cowards among my children. . . . Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show. I could have told you many things that would have made your heart leap, but I will not. I want iron wills and hearts that do not know how to quake. HOLD ON. The Lord bless you "

- Swami Vivekananda
U. S. A., August 1895.

No comments:

Post a Comment