Sunday, August 7, 2011

" They that dwell with the Lord, for them there is no growing old "













They tell me Aug 2 is my 93rd birthday. I recall the worlds of a holy one:
“They that dwell with the Lord, for them there is no growing old!"
In my heart is the prayer: " So bless me, Lord, that in this seemingly endless adventure of existence, I may live close to Thee and maintain the divine faculty of youth which rejoices in trees and flowers, in rivers and rocks, in babbling brooks and twinkling stars, in sunshine and showers, in ripples of water and in the laughter of the little ones.” So bless me that my heart may ever aspire to the True, the Good, The Beautiful, the Pure and the Perfect and behold the best in men and objects and be eager to give the service of love to all who suffer and are in pain in this world of tragedies and tears. "

- J.P. Vaswani
2.8.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment