Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WAIT! IN A FEW HOURS MORE, THE WHOLE OF IT WILL BE UNDER YOUR FEET. WAIT, MONEY DOES NOT PAY, NOR NAME; FAME DOES NOT PAY, NOR LEARNING.


Struggle, struggle, was my motto for the last ten years. Struggle, still say I. When it was all dark, I used to say, struggle; when light is breaking in, I still say, struggle. Be not afraid, my children. Look not up in that attitude of fear towards that infinite starry vault as if it would crush you. Wait! In a few hours more, the whole of it will be under your feet. Wait, money does not pay, nor name; fame does not pay, nor learning. It is love that pays; it is character that cleaves its way through adamantine walls of difficulties.

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 4/Writings: Prose/To my Brave Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment