Friday, June 29, 2012

THROW ASIDE YOUR MEDITATION, THROW AWAY YOUR SALVATION AND SUCH THINGS! PUT YOUR WHOLE HEART AND SOUL IN THE WORK TO WHICH I HAVE CONSECRATED MYSELF


Disciple: Yes, sir, that I can do.

Swamiji: But saying, "I can", won't do. Show me through action what you can do, and then only I shall know that your coming to me is turned to some good account. Get up, and put your shoulders to the wheel — how long is this life for? As you have come into this world, leave some mark behind.... Otherwise, where is the difference between you and the trees and stones? They, too, come into existence, decay and die. If you like to be born and to die like them, you are at liberty to do so. Show me by your actions that your reading the Vedanta has been fruitful of the highest good. Go and tell all, "In every one of you lies that Eternal Power", and try to wake It up. What will you do with individual salvation? That is sheer selfishness. Throw aside your meditation, throw away your salvation and such things! Put your whole heart and soul in the work to which I have consecrated myself.

- Swami Vivekananda
INDIA WANTS NOT LECTURING BUT WORK

No comments:

Post a Comment