Saturday, November 19, 2011

WHOM TO WORSHIP? WHO WORSHIPS? " I AM ATMAN ", " I AM ATMAN "

 

Place, time causation are all delusions. It is your disease that you think you are bound and will be free. You are the Unchangeable. Talk not. Sit down and let all things melt away, they are but dreams. There is no differentiation, no distinction, it is all superstition; therefore be silent and know what you are.

"I am the essence o...f bliss." Follow no ideal, you are all there is. Fear naught, you are the essence of existence. Be at peace. Do not disturb yourself. You never were in bondage, you never were virtuous or sinful. Get rid of all these delusions and be at peace. Whom to worship? Who worships? All is the Atman. To speak, to think is superstition. Repeat over and over, "I am Atman", "I am Atman". Let everything else go.

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 7/Inspired Talks/Sunday, July 28

No comments:

Post a Comment