Monday, February 6, 2012

NO BOOKS, NO SCRIPTURES, NO SCIENCE CAN EVER IMAGINE THE GLORY OF THE SELF THAT APPEARS AS MAN - I SOLUTE MY SELF


 What does the Advaitist preach? He dethrones all the gods that ever existed, or ever will exist in the universe and places on that throne the Self of man, the Atman, higher than the sun and the moon, higher than the heavens, greater than this great universe itself. No books, no scriptures, no science can ever imagine the glory of the Self that appears as man, the most glorious God that ever was, the only God that ever existed, exists, or ever will exist. I am to worship, therefore, none but myself. "I worship my Self," says the Advaitist. To whom shall I bow down? I salute my Self.


- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 2/Jnana-Yoga/The Atman

No comments:

Post a Comment