Thursday, February 9, 2012

ALL THAT HAS BEEN WEAK HAS BEEN MINE, AND ALL THAT HAS BEEN LIFE - GIVING, STRENGTHENING, PURE, AND HOLY, HAS BEEN HIS INSPIRATION, HIS WORDS, AND HE HIMSELF


Brothers, you have touched another chord in my heart, the deepest of all, and that is the mention of my teacher, my master, my hero, my ideal, my God in life - Shri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. If there has been anything achieved by me, by thoughts, or words, or deeds, if from my lips has ever fallen one word that has helped any one in the world, I lay no claim to it, it was his. But if there have been curses falling from my lips, if there has been hatred coming out of me, it is all mine and not his. All that has been weak has been mine, and all that has been life-giving, strengthening, pure, and holy, has been his inspiration, his words, and he himself.

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 3/Lectures from Colombo to Almora/Address of Welcome Presented at Calcutta and Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment