Saturday, February 9, 2013

WHAT IS RELIGION ?


What is religion? To pray, "Give me this and that"? Foolish ideas of religion! Those who believe them have no true idea of God and soul. My Master used to say, "The vulture rise higher and higher until he becomes a spec...k, but his eye is always on the piece of rotten carrion on the earth." After all, what is the result of your ideas of religion? To cleanse the streets and have more bread and clothes? Who cares for bread and clothes? Millions come and go every minute. Who cares? Why care for the joys and vicissitudes of this little world?

Go beyond that if you dare; go beyond law, let the whole universe vanish, and stand alone.

"I am Existence-Absolute, Knowledge-Absolute, Bliss-Absolute; I am He, I am He."

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 3/Lectures and Discourses/The Free Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment