Saturday, August 11, 2012

I AM NO MORE TO BE DUPED BY WORDS. LET HIM WHO HAS COURAGE IN HIS MIND AND LOVE IN HIS HEART COME WITH ME. I WANT NONE ELSE.




What if you don't get Mukti? What childish prattle! Lord! They say even the venom of a snake loses its power by firmly denying it. Isn't it true? What queer humility is this to say, "I know nothing !" "I am nothing !" This is pseudo-renunciation and mock modesty, I tell you. Off with such a self-debasing spirit! "If I do not know, who on earth does!" What have you been doing so long if you now plead ignorance? These are the words of an atheist — the humility of a vagabond wretch. We can do everything, and will do everything! He who is fortunate enough will heroically join us, letting the worthless mew like cats from their corner. A saint writes, "Well, you have had enough of blazoning. Now come back home." I would have called him a man if he could build a house and call me. Ten years' experience of such things has made me wiser. I am no more to be duped by words. Let him who has courage in his mind and love in his heart come with me. I want none else.

- Swami Vivekananda
1895, The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 6/Epistles - Second Series/LXXI Rakhal



No comments:

Post a Comment