Wednesday, July 18, 2012

THINK THAT THE WHOLE WORK IS UPON YOUR SHOULDERS. THINK THAT YOU, YOUNG MEN OF OUR MOTHERLAND, ARE DESTINED TO DO THIS


Think of me as one who has done all his duty and is now dead and gone. Think that the whole work is upon your shoulders. Think that you, young men of our motherland, are destined to do this. Put yourselves to the task. Lord bless you. Leave me, throw me quite out of sight. Preach the new ideal, the new doctrine, the new life. Preach against nobody, against no custom. Preach neither for nor against caste or any other social evil. Preach to let "hands off", and everything will come right.

My blessings on you all, my brave, steadfast, and loving souls.

- Swami Vivekananda
The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda/Volume 4/Writings: Prose/What we Believe in

No comments:

Post a Comment